FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA to Moscow
Thread: BA to Moscow
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2020, 3:18 am
MrSimonR

Programs: GGLfL
Originally Posted by kingcole974
Am I right in thinking this route has the A321 with funny flat beds? If so, I think I can pay Y avios and £50 and get the best part of 8 hours in horizontal J.

I’ll be looking to take my trip mid January 2021 so will be looking to snag Avios availability when it comes out in a couple off weeks. I’ll be staying at the Hilton near the city centre. Is there a better airport to fly too? Any flight that less likely to get a sub to a CE config?
The Winter timetable has x3 daily midhaul A321s with the funny (and often broken) air-filled seats that do go lie flat (but inches off the ground, with feet rammed in a narrow hole, unless in row 7 which has more room).

The Summer timetable has the morning BA233/2 operated by a 4 class 777 or 787. So if you want to truly maximise the experience, go before the end of October 2020 and go first class,

Midhaul A321 equipment changes to shorthaul aircraft happen rarely (although there are a lot this month), they rarely affect the BA233/2 first morning rotation. It's usually the late morning or overnight flights which are subbed or canned altogether. Bear in mind that the BA233 has breakfast service which is a nothing special. Take the later BA235 if you want a nice lunch on board. Avoid the BA237 unless you like not sleeping at night (lands at 1.30am UK time, you will reach the hotel around 6am local time). The inbound BA236 is ok if you don't mind waking up at 2.30am, you do get arrivals lounge access at LHR.

Either airport is fine for the Hilton. SVO is around 40 minutes in a taxi, DME is around 1:10. Traffic can add up to an hour extra at busy times.