FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I Lost 465,000 Points + a Free Night Cert in One Day
Old Jan 9, 2020, 8:05 pm
GrizShel

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
I Lost 465,000 Points + a Free Night Cert in One Day

I'm desperate. I first called Marriott Customer Care on Dec. 26. Now, 14 days later absolutely nothing has been done to help me. It all started when I called to get my points posted from a stay paid for with 300,000 points that I canceled. At the end of that conversation I got 310,000 points added to my account (I don't know where the extra 10k came from) but the representative had somehow messed up another stay (or it mysteriously just happened?) for 6 nights which I had paid for with 145,000 points plus a free night certificate good for 35,000 points. That certificate mysteriously was detached that evening so that the reservation says that I now owe 250,000 points for it. Furthermore, it's not as if I got those points added back into my account (but to be perfectly clear I did not ask to have that reservation changed in any way). After an hour+ conversation the Marriott Customer Care representative submitted a case for me, but I found out later that he did not include any of the information I provided him over the phone (!!).

On Dec. 30 I called Marriott again because I found that I had had 330,000 points deducted from my account (So they took back the 300,000 points + the 10k extra they gave me + 20k extra points were deducted). Again I was on the phone for over an hour, but like the last representative they had no idea how to help. She promised to send over all of the details to their Customer Care team that is supposed to resolve the issues that the telephone agents don't know how to. I have heard nothing back from them.

I really don't know what to do. I am so upset about this. Marriott has ruined one of my upcoming vacation stays and taken away a huge amount of points from my account. None of the telephone people can even see what I paid for any reservation nor any of this points activity (neither can I). It seems the system is so screwed up that Marriott can't even see what is happening themselves. The only documentation i have is screen shots that I made myself at the time of the reservations, but that doesn't seem to mean anything to them.

Any ideas anyone?