FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA accounts restricted (Nov/Dec 2019)
View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2020, 6:00 pm
jerry a. laska
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by michaelr
I am in the same group. I tried to book an award ticket in mid December and the ticket never moved from On Request to Ticketed. Upon hearing the news I did not call. However, I was able to take an international award trip a few days ago. I also had a schedule change for an upcoming trip and my wife called the regular AA line and was able to change the ticket. The agent initially had trouble updating the record and asked my wife, if anyone was currently actively updating seats or similar items. My wife assured her that no one was doing this and the agent mentioned it may be a 'security' problem. She told my wife to hold and a few seconds later said that the change went through. Indeed, the requested change went from Ticket Pending to Ticketed within a few minutes. I am not 100% sure what actually transpired as I wasn't on the call. The certain items are 1. My account is locked, 2. I was able to travel on a recent international award flight, 3. We were able to rebook a future award flight due to a schedule change. I have created fake AA accounts and taken advantage of the Citi mailers and email offers. We never brokered any miles and almost 100% of all flights were taken by immediate family.
Your should add your DP to the data point only thread also.
AA account restricted - Data Points only