FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gift Cards deactivated by retailer.
View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2020, 12:01 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mySimon411
I got deactivated 2 cgv from a grocery store last year after left the store, called VGC and said sent receipt and DL copy and front and back of VGC , said it will reactivate for me. 7 days later, told me to deal with store, went store manager, said deal with VGC, had a conference call there and then, after 2 hours wait and manager caller grocery store Corp office and refunded to my Amex card. I was going to file dispute but want to give store opportunity to fix. No one explained what happened. But I think overzealous cashier did it due to thinking fraudulent.
It most likely is the act of the store manager who called corporate security which in turn called the card issuer to deactivate the cards.

Very similar thing happened to a friend several years ago at a CVS in Los Angeles. He bought a few K's of the Vanilla (back then there was no daily limit) then later found out all the cards were deactivated. Long story short, the store manager suspected frauds, called CVS Corporate Security which then deactivated all cards.

Doubt the low-rank cashier could do the deactivation but reporting to his / her supervisor / manager, then the idiotic higher ups called the Corporate Security which then deactivated the cards from their end.