FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where do I find the good fares between North America and China (and v.v.)?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 4:27 am
Tokyoite

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by dvs7310
I got the impression that JL didn't really try to compete in the connecting market between North America and China like most Star Alliance carriers do (I just switched)... however I'm on JL3 right now JFK-NRT and it's packed full of Chinese passengers, presumably connecting at NRT. AA publishes good fares to and from PVG/PEK, but on their own metal direct to the US, not JL via TYO... so where do I find these JL marketed fares? Is there some consolidator or other agency that sells them?

This has always been a sore spot for me, both NH and JL don't promote the cheap fares to/from China in the GDS and at least in the case of NH exclude China from the JV, so I don't know where to find them, but as many Asia based travelers know, PVG/PEK long haul fares are quite often by far the cheapest in the region by hundreds of dollars if not a full thousand dollars (ex-TYO gets raked over the coals badly.).

Happy to hear some advice on where to find cheap JL fares to North and South America ex-China.
Business class or economy class?
two totally different markets.