FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Change Fee When Upfaring Purchased Discount Y to F?
Old Jan 8, 2020, 3:42 am
whooperatw

Programs: Delta Skymiles Diamond Medallion, Delta Amex Reserve, Marriott Rewards Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by flyerCO
The system offers both an FCM per segment and an upgrade for the entire direction. The latter is an upgrade to cheapest F available. The first simply an FCM offer. This is why there's a difference between the total of both segments FCM and the offer to upgrade the whole direction. No need to call.
i would disagree here. Quite often my FCM offers for both legs in a single direction or even for all four legs can be 2x or 3x the cost of calling in and upfaring of late. I always make sure to compare the total upfare cost versus any in app or website FCM costs. Also, Delta’s system is now tending to keep corporate codes attached when upfaring which can make a substantial difference in the fare. Do note you may be charged the 50 dollar agency takeover fee if on an agency ticket. This is sometimes waived by request or by the agent, though I tend to not ask all the time to keep from offending the record gods.