FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Consolidated Compensation Thread [Archive]
Old Jan 7, 2020, 3:42 pm
IADdelayed

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by Pat89339
SFO-HNL A 16ish year old female stopped in the aisle near my seat and repeatedly threw up on the floor splattering me and the guy across the aisle. I went to the F lav to clean up—scrubbing my arm up to my shoulder several times and washed my t-shirt in the sink. My hair and jeans were spared. Fortunately I had a sweater and put that on. Later the purser told me the teen wasn’t ill. She ate some greasy sausage at the airport (as evidenced by the debris left in the aisle). While I and the other guy were cleaning up the FA threw some white powder over the mess and put a blanket over that. The purser gave me a voucher for $400 and said I would hear from Customer Relations about more, since she didn’t think $400 was enough. I haven’t heard a word. The no status guy on the other side of the aisle was given $175. The teen’s mom came up to both of us to personally apologize.
I'm probably in the minority here, but I think it's pretty awesome of UA to even offer an ETC for this incident (especially proactively). Certainly no fault of UA and no way for them to prevent it (for once).