FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When and why do you pay for domestic F?
View Single Post
Old Jan 7, 2020, 3:32 pm
HGPilot

When and why do you pay for domestic F?

A321 from LAX to DFW and I'm in paid first which I do on occasion depending on price. I'm just wondering if it's worth paying double the price or thereabouts which it typically is:

- No lounge access
- Slimline seats are hard and there's no lower back padding
- F was maybe 2/3 full when I boarded and there was one space remaining for my overhead bag
- Legroom like MCE. I had to shuffle around my neighbor to go to the restroom
- Food was poor. I got a kosher meal as the cheese option looked really unhealthy and the hot kosher meal was OK, the rest was a bunch of cheap kosher snacks from US Foods, worse than an international economy kosher meal.
- No TV
- No power

The times when I fly F (on all the major carriers) with a flight leaving after 8pm there's no food also. I never understood this as usually I have a connecting flight to the hub with a tight connection and then I'm on the final leg to LAX departing after 8pm so when am I supposed to eat dinner?

I love the occasional domestic flights where you get a widebody and obviously this doesn't apply on premium domestic routes (e.g. LAX-NYC) but for your typical domestic F I'm failing to see why it's worth typically double the cost.

This isn't a complaint as obviously I can choose to fly economy and typically do MCE if available. But am I missing something here? I know you get increased miles and free checked bags but what else is there? When and why do you pay for domestic F?