FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA potentially closing accounts due to credit card churning/churn
Old Jan 6, 2020, 8:05 pm
flyer4512

Originally Posted by Visconti
Ah, I ain't sure of nothin (plain English here). However, I have a degree of confidence in the following: 1) newly minted EXP with all perks thereof; 2) successfully applied SWUs with confirmed reservations; and, 3) able to make mileage reservations (the hold thing?). I suppose, when I go pay for them and have them ticket is the "sure" fire proof?

A little OT (feel like goofing off, it is a new year) - Say, AA is reviewing and decide to purge my mileage account rescinding my pair of confirmed SWUs leaving me in the lurch of having to sit in a cramped middle seat between two fat smelly guys across the Pacific. Can I sue & seek reparation for physical & mental pain and suffering?

I can change seats on award flights I already have booked and I can hold a reservation. I also earned 50K miles recently..............My account is locked as I can't use miles, attempted reservations stay as pending.

Maybe you are unlocked but until you use miles I don't think you will know for sure. Maybe try to buy a gift card

Your trip is on hold

Thank you for choosing American! We'll hold your reservation through January 11, 2020.

Last edited by flyer4512; Jan 6, 2020 at 8:12 pm