FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Claiming compensation from AC under APPR (Air Passenger Protection Regulations)
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:53 pm
lallied

Originally Posted by YYZMike
(Apologies if this has been discussed before - I searched and couldn't find a thread)

Does anyone have any experience claiming flight delay compensation under the new rules that took effect on December 15th, 2019? If so, how did you submit the claim (call reservations, online form, etc.) and what did you have to send in?

For context:
+ Arrival of flight from YYZ to the U.S. on AC Express was delayed by over three hours this morning
+ I have delay notification emails from Air Canada stating "Reason for delay: This flight is delayed due to a technical issue with aircraft systems."

Actual causes for delay: boarding had to wait until maintenance changed a light bulb, then we waited another 45 minutes on-board until a ground crew arrived to get us off the gate.

FWIW, I have SE status, but I'm not sure that would matter for a regulation-mandated compensation claim.

Thank you!
You will get a reply saying that no compensation due because circumstances out of AC control. Which apparently includes everything including maintenance, mechanical and weather issues.