FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SVO connection time
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2020, 5:28 am
nldogbert

Originally Posted by bankops
What was the issue you had then? D is a simple go upstairs, passport review (I call it review as you are NOT entering Russia) and security and then back downstairs to your gate.

This sounds more like the issue you had was you ended up going the wrong way and that caused a delay. Signage is not the greatest at SVO, but I have never gotten lost or ended up anyplace I didn't want to be. As for CDG, there is a group of us that have worked with AF and ADP to improve the signage. They ended up taking the consultancy that did AMS and they are still tweaking a few bits and bobs to make it even easier.
Yes I know it is that simple, but it is not about the procedure/direction, but more of the amount of people doing the transit - it becomes a zoo, lines backing up without a clear end of the line, disorganized, it is just a whole mass of people cramped into a small space.

Yes, it is the issue of me going up the wrong way and I had to backtrack and ask multiple people for directions. The next time you can see how bad it is, coming out from the security of Terminal D and if you want to go to Terminal E, if you just follow the signage to Terminal E literally, you'll end up noticing half way that it does not seem correct because there is a cross junction that should have been properly signaged.