FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using benefits of BA Gold while crediting to AY+
Old Jan 6, 20, 5:03 am
frandrake

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, HH Silver, IHG Gold Elite, Sixt Gold
1, 2 and 3 are easy - just show the BA Gold card and you'll get in. Most of the time the agent won' t change the FF number on your booking but even if it does so, a quick phone call to BA call centre will allow you to swap numbers again.

4 is easy as well just by adding your BA number when booking, making the seat selection and then switch via Finnair website to your desired FF number.

5 is a no go I think as you need to fly with the FF number you want to credit, hence if you are ready to fly or in between connections (which is when IRROPS happen) you should have that number on file and not the BA one. That said, I am sure that if you need rebooking you can just wave your BA Gold card to the agent and get the "special treatment" anyway.

Separate FQTV and FQTS seem to be a nightmare judging from other posts, hence I would not try.

When I did all of the above migrating from CX Diamond to BA Gold I always credited everything on BA (including lowly Y flights) as I saw little reason to leave avios and TP in separate pots. A part from the odd security/lounge agent, I never had any issue enjoying OWE perks on all my flights.