FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight change question...kind of complicated
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:45 am
ATLflyer2017
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
As others have said, on a BE fare, you are stuck with what you booked unless there are major IRROPS and disruptions. This is a reason I always caution people not to book a BE fare and at least book Main Cabin or higher to have some flexibility.

Regarding the other segments, I have seen this before when calling in to address a Delta Schedule Change that has occurred and the agent has to rebook me on a different flight for whatever reason. Usually they appear and remain when the agent does something incorrect. I recall once seeing nine... yes nine... phantom segments from NRT-SEA. Different cabins, different seats, etc. I saw this when I refreshed my itinerary while still on with the agent. He insisted everything was fine and essentially hung up on me. I waited a half hour or so and they were still there. Called back and another agent was absolutely astounded at how messed up my reservation was. Thankfully she fixed it. So bottomline, the DL agent was correct to "clean up" your PNR.
Yeah so I guess the purpose of my question was just to understand why it showed up. I understand I’m not entitled to any changes, however Basic Economy tickets are changeable by agents if necessary. I have experienced it several times. One of them was a refund because I couldn’t go, one was a change because I booked the wrong dates, etc. All in all, it is possible. So that’s why I asked. I will probably ask again because it never hurts. I am not upset in the slightest if they wouldn’t change my ticket, and I basically only fly delta now because of many reasons. Thanks for your help.