FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HR St. Louis at The Arch (formerly Waterfront) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 5, 2020, 12:47 pm
ypwalter

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassordor, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Angry What is not acceptable are lies

The room, equipment, and anything hardware in this hotel is good. I stayed in a arches view king deluxe something. I enjoyed the view and everything.
However, if there is a rating function. I will give it a solid zero.

The reason is that the bad training of the employee here and the lies.
What I can not sustain in any hotel is lying.
The last hotel doing lies is Hilton London Metropole, and I hated it for the 4th year.

I am going to explain 2 lies and 1 final result from hotels' resolution.

First of all, I was using a free night certificate, and request for an upgrade to arch view room by paying on the phone.
The front desk A guaranteed I will have it with an upgrade fee of 25USD.
However, when I arrived, the front desk B told me that there is no such deal/room available (This is the 1st lie)

Then, I was then told by the front desk B that he could guarantee me a room with 45USD, and then I took it of course.
I waited a long time but it doesn't matter as long as I get the room.
Before checking out, I check out with the same front desk B, and found out there is one 25USD upgrade fee and another 70USD upgrade fee and they also came with taxes.
The front desk B told me that it's just to make the finance happy!
I will not be charged more than I agreed.
After days, all the charges appeared. (another lie)

The final resolution that they have is:
I called front desk manager and for my first time that I know 25USD was for lounge upgrade which I never asked, notified, and used.
So, that 25USD will be refunded.
However, 70USD+tax is what remains in the bill.
I was asking that the front desk should be educated more, but the front desk manager doesn't seems to care.

That's all. It could be a 80~90 points experience for me just because of the view but 2 lies and 1 resolution to the issue screwed them up all.

PS.
I am a Discoverist that is nearly nothing since I stayed less in Hyatt.
However, I am Spire with IHG and Platinum with Marriott (also almost lifetime gold).
Due to Marriott changes, I was about to stay with Hyatt more but ...
I don't want to get extra 50USD+tax everytime so thanks.