FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Calculator for SQM, Aeroplan miles, & SQD
Old Jan 5, 2020, 11:44 am
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Yeah, that's exactly what I do. I flag combinations of fare and carrier that could have more than one earning rate and then default to the lowest multiple unless the user (that's me!) overrides with a different one.

In your example, that means LH has two lines in my "Multipliers" spreadsheet one for Europe and one for ROW. Some not so cleaver logic on that sheet sets a flag for any carrier with more than one row of data. Crude, but it works and, like you said, the exceptions are relatively few.
Yeah, I've seen it, you sent it to me. I think I may have come up with something slightly cleaner

I'm in OPO finishing up a vacation right now, so in a few days, probably, I'll put it up for all to see

My next project is to try and get the same tables / logic to accurately interpret AC branded fares. Maybe I will do a self-proof of Fermat's Theorem first just to limber up.
I just added the branded fares to the list of letter fare classes in the dropdown - so you select Business if the segment is AC metal, but Z or P or whatever if it's LH, OZ, etc