FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Mailing Blue Bag Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers, New design 2024
Old Jan 5, 2020, 7:23 am
jupper

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott LT Au, Hilton C, IHG PtA
Originally Posted by n8-the-gr8
... they would rather have someone who is flying those segments in business class (and thus clear the 24k requirement making the flight #'s a null issue).
I understand the idea of making 1K sort of GS-lite. But most of the current population of 1K's would not remain loyal if demoted to Platinum.
Same for me, my PQD is low because I also fly non-UA in both Premium Economy and Business class - simply because the routes and service matter to me.

But UA is making this all very moot, given the crap in December with cancelled flights, delayed flights and non-posting partner flights, misappropriated PlusPoints, 36 hours without luggage, severely damaged Wine-Check, 3rd bag-fee charged (partially refunded, still ongoing), strange CC charges on days I didn't fly them, etc ... Service Recovery so far is well below what it used to be, and in the end that's what also shapes loyalty - how you make up for it makes or breaks a loyalty relationship.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 5, 2020 at 11:11 am Reason: Using symbols, spaces or other methods to mask vulgarities is not allowed.