FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancelled Flight SRQ to TTN 1/4/20 NO HELP
Old Jan 5, 2020, 5:29 am
Jimbo3

Originally Posted by guv1976
And by the way, if you ever find yourself in a similar situation -- and don't have Freebird protection -- check UA fares to ZFV (30th Street Station, Philadelphia), and not just to EWR. UA sells tickets to ZFV that involve a train connection at EWR Airport Rail Station on Amtrak. Sometimes -- not always -- those fares are lower than UA's fares to EWR alone. And all Amtrak trains from EWR to ZFV also stop at the Trenton train station.
I think we saw that option too, But I believe it was higher and even thought timewise it would take longer then a Uber which there was plenty of Uber drivers at EWR.

Originally Posted by Orwaid
Hi -

I love people that like the low fares on a ULCC and then get pissed when IRROPS occur.

One would think people would ask themselves why they are sooo much cheaper than other carriers and what risks go along with that.
It wasn't exactly a cheap roundtrip when you include all the extra that were added onto the ticket, seat charge and carry-on bag charge..........for 2 tickets round trip to Sarasota from Trenton came to $533.