FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Christmas in Paris via Delta One Suites and Air France La Première
Old Jan 4, 2020, 6:57 pm
SFO777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by theshaun
Happy New Year, SFO777 ! Feels like we've been long overdue for another TR. Looking forward to following along.
Thanks very much theshaun.

Originally Posted by canuckshark
OMG - the food! Amazing food. Have a summer trip booked to Paris in July and going to try some of your places.
Thank you canuckshark. The food all week was wonderful.

Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Looking forward to this! That was the same weather we had when we were in Paris for Christmas last year.
Thanks so much wakesetter93. We really lucked out as it had rained most of the previous three weeks before we arrived.

Originally Posted by ctrlf
Happy new year! Missed your Trip reports
Thanks ctrlf and Happy New Year to you.

Originally Posted by 757
Excellent report as usual, SFO777. It looks like you had an amazing trip to Paris - and gave me lots of ideas for when we might go there sometime! I've been through CDG a few times, but not been inside the city for a while. My wife and I flew to Vienna through CDG with Delta in Delta One back in November, and really enjoyed our flight with them a lot. I'm planning on writing a report here soon actually of that flight. You captured it; the staff is what makes it. Our flight attendant serving us was awesome, and made us feel so welcome on board. The food was very good as well too. Looking forward to your return flight! Matthew
Thank very much Matthew. By all means, spend time in Paris. It is our favorite city in the world.

Originally Posted by zip10001
Great TR as always. How many kilos did you gain during that trip ?
Thanks zip10001. Good question about weight. I just assumed that I had gained 6-7 lbs... but was shocked that it was only 2.5 lbs. And since we've sworn off booze and dessert in the four days we've home, I've already lost 4 lbs. Go figure.

Originally Posted by HawaiiTrvlr
I was just thinking the other day we need a SFO777 trip report. I love the apt in Paris. The Eiffel Tower view is incredible. Can I ask what that item hanging in the living room area? It looks like a stone relic of some sort. It goes well with the decor. It just caught my eye.
Thanks so much HawaiiTrvlr. If you're referring to the cream color thing on the wall, it's an abstract oil painting. When we first walked in and took a quick look, for a moment I thought it was a unfinished wall.