FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA potentially closing accounts due to credit card churning/churn
Old Jan 4, 2020, 1:54 pm
Visconti

Originally Posted by sbrower
[A little while ago, when I was a freshman in college (so about 45 years), I sued the phone company in small claims for $3. [i]The judge wouldn't even let their representative talk because he was annoyed that the phone company wasn't paying $3. But it turns out that they really cared, because it was a big issue (relating to whether they needed to list college students in the phone book, which the law said they needed to do). So they appealed and two months later we had a real trial in Superior Court and they had an attorney. But after the judge read my 2 page letter, 10 minutes into the case he told their attorney to stop asking questions because they were wrong and I was right, so he ruled in my favor. I got my $3 (plus some costs). A few months later we presented claims from a bunch of UCLA students for about $25 each (maybe 100 of them??), and they were all paid. And there was a news story that they had paid over $15,000 to students at another school in California based on the precedent of my case.]
LOL...this is awesome. Now, kind of regret that SE Asian carrier relented, since the small claims experience may have been something I've missed out on, and have to put on my "to do" list.