FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2020 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Jan 4, 2020, 1:07 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by taranty
The main issue I have is that I live in Durham so had a train booked to get home. I'm now going to be way later than the last train, the nearest to home I could get would be York and that would be around 2am.
If there is no bad weather between Manchester and Salzburg then yes, I would expect you to be able to claim for EC261. I wouldn't do anything yet in terms of hotel (etc), since there is always the risk the crew will also go out of hours at this rate.

In terms of what to do there after, I think if you demonstrate this is the most cost effective solution then I would hope BA would cover this. Strictly speaking your Durham train service counts as consequential losses, there again there will be cases where BA would pay the taxi from Manchester to Durham (which I think would be about £200). However I would hope that BA would pick up the hotel bill for Manchester instead.

At the moment it seems your arrival is creeping later and later, I hope that BA will do their best to look after you.