FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reconsidering Chase MP Cards due to 2020 FF Changes
Old Jan 4, 2020, 7:41 am
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by wh6cto
No, it's even worse than you think...you only get a max of 1000PQP for $24k spend:
EDIT: wait a minute...aacharya is also mentioning 2000PQP. Is there something I'm missing?
If you have the business and personal explorer cards I think you can get 2k for 25k spend x2 cards
I actually think it is the same for club too
So one could do Explorer, Business Explorer and Club for 3k (or if totally crazy add the business Club for 4k PQP)
Of course that means 1300$ fees too.
I think having the 2 explorer cards is the sweet spot

The United℠ Explorer Card, United Club℠ Card, United℠ Explorer Business Card, United Club℠ Business Card, United MileagePlus® Awards Card, United MileagePlus® Card, and United MileagePlus® Business Card earn 500 PQP for every $12,000 in card spend, up to 1,000 PQP in a calendar year, that can be applied up to Platinum.

If you have these 5 - I suspect you can do 5k PQP at an annual fee cost of 500$, (and 24x5= 120k spend) but we are not sure yet how they will treat these cards PQP.
I am pretty sure they will treat business and personal as distinct for PQP (only time will tell) but if you have more than 1 type as above perhaps one can get 5k

Last edited by ffI; Jan 4, 2020 at 7:56 am