FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lisbon and Barcelona in February? Where to stay and early departure?
Old Jan 3, 2020, 10:48 pm
lsquare
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by JBord
The weather depends on where you're coming from. I was in Lisbon in the winter and it was 50 F. Not what I'd consider warm but beautiful compared to the 25 F weather in Chicago at that time.

For flights that early, I'd ALWAYS suggest taking a taxi/rideshare. It's the fastest way, and I never want to get up any earlier than I have to for early flights. I'm sure your hotel can help arrange a ride in advance for you if you need them to.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend staying at an airport hotel just because of those flight times. From the tourist areas in either Lisbon or Barcelona you'll be within about 20 minutes from the airport by taxi at that time of day, so you maybe save yourself all of 10-15 minutes.
I don't understand why you wouldn't recommend an airport hotel since the departure time is so early? If there is an airport express then that should make it easy to reach the city center?