FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buenos Aires F&B Scene - Volume I
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2020, 9:36 pm
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Today's food:

1) Lunch was at De Lucia in the Mercado San Telmo. If you're a vegetarian or just want some vegetables to keep some of your circulatory and/or digestive systems functioning, this is a great place to eat. On the other hand, the menu had some selections that would make any artery clogger proud. We shared:
a) Tabla te verduras (or whatever it may have been called). A selection of various salady-type items, some chunks of bread and a few pieces of cheese. Dee-lish.
b) Ensalada de Salmon - much of the same that was on the tabla, with a few extra greens, and laminas of lox. Very tasty.
c) Tortilla with roasted tomatoes. Also, very tasty. And very filling.

That was plenty enough food that (with no breakfast, and that for lunch, we didn't eat until...)

2) Dinner at El Baqueano. This went from just a a great restaurant in my humble little mind many years ago to a must go place where I can't imagine a trip here without a visit. 3 of us were there for 3+ hours and had a fantastic meal. About 3 of the courses were repeats, the rest were new. And with the new (revived) Dolar Blue, you can have a $200 to $300 meal (i.e., a similar place in SF or NY) for about $50 dollars + beverages (at least for the time being, if you pay in cash and get your dough in the right place). From the broken record department, this place has an eclectic and interesting wine list, with stuff you won't find in most places in the country. Tonight's last savory course was ostrich in a andino potato puree that reminded me of sausage gravy, in the most delicious and not greasy and "I won't feel good later" way.