FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stopped by FA when Exiting the Plane
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2020, 3:47 pm
theOtherHolmes

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Stopped by FA when Exiting the Plane

First time flying PVG- YYZ route in J. Past work trips typically had me going via HKG or PEK.

Upon landing, we all stood up. I was the sole young(ish) female looking pax, in a hoodie and jeans in the J cabin. Anyway, we all queued to get out. I had just a purse. Exit was on the left side (of the plane) and I queued on the right aisle, then turned right once I reached the galley area leading to the exit. Bunch of PE passengers were waiting too, opposite the galley.

When it was about my turn to get out, the FA guarding the exit blocked me, gave me a look, and let the two older men who queued on the other business class aisle (the aisle closer to the exit) out even though it should have been my turn. I was quite puzzled, but let the incident go, and tried to get out again after those two guys.

The FA stopped me again, and in a very matter-of-the-fact tone, said: “Business class passengers get out first.” She was loud enough that everyone around the exit looked at me.

I was so confused by what happened— that I let another two passengers exit, before I inched closer. The FA looked like she was about to bite my head, before I calmly said, my seat was 2K, and I’m a business class passenger. The J passenger behind me said yeah me too!

The FA seemed shocked for a second then muttered oh sorry. I childishly rolled my eyes and got out.

I know I don’t look like an executive or anything but this is the first time I felt totally freakin’ judged based on perhaps a combination of factors... thought of filing a complaint but I really can’t muster the energy to do. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things... though I’m sure I will meet her again, having to fly this route often now. Shrugs