FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Situation in the Middle East and possible implications for BA
Old Jan 3, 2020, 3:37 pm
BA Humbug
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
My proverbial boots will be on the ground in about 40 hours, heading back to my nest in Dubai.

The retail company I work for has not issued any escalated warnings about regional market travel; in fact, the only advisory at the moment remains to stay away from northern Syria unless that's your provenance.

My counterparts in Isfahan and Shiraz have said there are several hotspots in Tehran, particularly in the embassy quarter, however this conflict remains very much a "top-level disagreement" in the sense that everyday Iranians have not much input, influence, or knowledge of what's going on behind closed doors in Tehran.

Riyadh continues its merry festivities with Riyadh Season.

It's in no one's best interests to escalate this (certain reelection campaigns aside) with expo 2020 coming up and KSA's efforts to open Its borders .

ETA: aside from a 30 minute detour to avoid Arabic Iraqi airspace and or northern Syria (as they have always done) i dont see anything extraordinary happening unless further political machinations occur.

Last edited by BA Humbug; Jan 3, 2020 at 3:46 pm