FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Frontier might be the best ULCC
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2020, 12:13 pm
frugal_flyer

It is strange to me how I can be Elite with Frontier, which would suggest that I'm an important and revenue generating customer.

The reality is that I NEVER buy anything on board. I take munchies bought at the Dollar Tree. I buy a bottle of soda before boarding the plane for two reasons: I can't get Diet Mountain Dew on board, and I prefer something with a cap on it in case of turbulence. If I DO drink anything on board, it's the free cup of water.

It hasn't happened yet, but if the free carryon and free personal item weren't enough to take what I needed, I would just use the Scottevest trick. So no baggage money from me.

Obviously I get a free seat assignment now, but before I virtually always got my preferred aisle seat due to having this noted in my profile. Of course, we all remember the brief period after website "improvements" where our profile forgot our preferences; I got saddled with middle seats a couple of times because of this. First world problem, I know...

I hope Frontier gets a nice kickback from Barclays for bestowing these niceties on a low rolling flier like me. I am actually afraid that this is too good for those of us that can take advantage of the perks, and that it won't be long before there will be some devaluation. Thankfully, this value driven frequent flyer program seems to have been ignored by travel writers, since nobody would think an ULCC would have anything worth looking into. I hope they never find out.