FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Impresario vs Virtuoso vs AMEX vs...
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2020, 8:35 am
DavidO

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Impresario has a flexible $100 credit (vs. Virtuoso which is designated either for F&B or Spa, depending on the hotel).

You can always input a hotel frequent guest number in a Virtuoso or other preferred partner booking, and you'll get the benefits of your status (although perks don't "double up"). On the other hand, you won't get credit at some hotel chains for a wholesaler booking (i.e., a reservation made through a wholesaler like Expedia, Classic Vacations, etc.). I believe Marriott is one of those...

Originally Posted by Fly_IAD
I noticed DavidO mention Hilton's Impresario program in the thread of Tokyo hotels and was curious but found very little information about it online compared to readily available information about Hyatt Prive or Marriott STARS as examples.

Apologies if there is already a good thread about these types of programs in general but I got to thinking is there a good breakdown of these programs and if booking through one has some particular advantage over another?

For example, I was under the impression that FSPP trumps Virtouso benefits for Four Seasons, Prive over Virtouso for Hyatt, STARS and holding Marriott Bonvoy elite status would be better than benefits with AMEX FHR, etc.

Specific to the Hilton properties does Impresario trump Hilton Diamond status alone at a Conrad or WA or can the two benefits be combined?