FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR -> KUL -> LGK how long to transfer in KUL?
Old Jan 3, 2020, 12:32 am
GinFizz

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Geo772
As a Gold Executive Club member you can use the F lounge which is in the satellite building of KLIA1 (the Langkawi flight will probably go from the main terminal, but it's only a couple of minutes on the transit to get back) and is a perfectly pleasant place to spend a bit of time. You can grab a decent meal here along with a shower so your long connection will soon be over!
It is only a couple of minutes to get from the main terminal to the satellite terminal - but getting to the gate for the Langkawi flight requires going through the transfer immigration queue ,(if coming from the international gates in either the main or satellite terminal).

On a trip to LGK last September it took about 40 minutes total from F lounge to the gate, though other times I have got through the transfer immigration line in less than 5 minutes.

I can't comment on the baggage issue, but assuming that it is possible to do this at the transfer counter, the best plan for the OP would be to first get the baggage sorted at the desk in the satellite terminal, then head to the F (or J lounge - depending on time of day - if not lunch or dinner time then it is more convenient in my experience to use the J lounge for eating), then about 90* minutes before the LGK flight take-off time take the train to the main terminal, go though immigration to the A/B gates area and if time still allows wait in the domestic lounge.

Last edited by GinFizz; Jan 3, 2020 at 12:41 am