FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is this really how far AA has fallen? (Lengthy delays, GA interactions)
Old Jan 2, 2020, 11:56 pm
JakeRobertson212
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by redtop43
I'm a little puzzled here.

I don't know how to get the tail number, but on Friday, AA1895 operates CLT-LAS-CLT (same flight number in both directions), arriving CLT at 9:41PM, and is the incoming flight for AA1973 CLT-BOS departing at 10:39.

On Thursday January 2 (today) flight 1895 arrived in CLT at 9:36PM at Gate C-17. Flight 1973 was scheduled to depart JAX for CLT at 7:00AM but departed at 9:34PM, arriving at 10:56PM at Gate C-15. Flight 1937 was scheduled to depart at 10:39 from Gate C-15 but actually departed at 11:46.

I won't try to guess what happened to 1973 that caused the 15-hour delay but it appears that, for whatever reason, they used the incoming equipment from 1895 for something else and the delayed 1895 for 1937. It departed an hour late. Annoying, as are all delays. But the delay was announced. The OP didn't state at exactly what time the conversation took place, but it sounds like he knew the flight was delayed an hour and it actually departed an hour and 7 minutes late.

Do they turn around late equipment quickly? I think so. I've deplaned from the rear and seen a cleanup crew hovering in the first few rows ready to go to work. As this was late in the evening, probably all the ground personnel involved were pretty eager to get done and get home.

So I'm a little puzzled about what the major offense was here. As for the "beanie" I'd like to think the OP didn't mean a yalmukah, a skullcap worn by religious Jewish men. Hopefully we've all seen them and given them no more thought that various other sorts of religious clothing, and none of us would say, for example, that a Sikh wearing a turban was "unprofessional."

We're all familiar with being told, for example, that a flight is delayed to (say) 10:00 and they don't update the departure time and it actually goes at 10:15 and in that case it might actually not be at the gate at 9:48. If a flight shows "delayed" to 10:00 and it's 10:30 and still no equipment in sight, we'd be irritated at the lack of an update, but this situation doesn't sound egregious.
I gave you the tail number. Could you honestly not figure out the rest?? Your post is worthless

Last edited by JakeRobertson212; Jan 3, 2020 at 12:02 am