FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Year in Oman - PremiAir, Oman Air F, Al Bustan Palace, W Muscat
Old Jan 2, 2020, 1:10 pm
lost_in_translation

Programs: Some
WY Arrivals Lounge, MCT

Oman Air recently opened an arrivals lounge as part of the new Muscat International Airport, which is a nice touch for an airport and airline of the size of WY and gives an insight into WY's level of attention to detail.

The lounge is hidden away on the upper level of the arrivals hall.

Arrivals Lounge entrance

I handed my boarding pass over to the staff behind the desk, who scanned it and warmly welcomed me into the lounge. I arrived at around 8am which should have been peak time for an arrivals lounge, but there was only one couple in the lounge when I arrived who were finishing up their breakfast. They left shortly afterwards and I then had the lounge to myself until I left.

Oman Air Arrivals Lounge

The lounge itself isn't huge and you can see almost the entire space in the above photo, but it is comfortable and, given how quiet it was, it's more than big enough. The lounge is split up into a main dining area, a smaller seating area and a small business centre with a couple of iMacs.

Time to grab a shower after my overnight flight. Whilst this isn't a lounge with rows and rows of showers, fortunately there was no one using the single gentleman's shower room and I was able to walk straight in. The shower room is a good size, has all the toiletries you'd expect and the water pressure is good. There is no loo / sink in the shower suite, so you have to go back out into the main bathrooms for that. Ventilation was also not spectacular, but I've yet to use a Middle Eastern airport where the shower room doesn't feel like the temperature is set 5-10 degrees too high!

Arrivals lounge shower

Feeling refreshed, I grabbed a quick snack and a cappuccino whilst waiting for the hotel car to arrive. The food quality was decent enough but not a particularly extensive spread. The service was very attentive, as you'd expect in a lounge where you're the only guest!

Arrivals Lounge breakfast buffet

Arrivals Lounge business centre

Overall then, this is a helpful place to shower and possibly chill out with a coffee after a flight, but I wouldn't deliberately skip breakfast on the flight or miss a hotel buffet to eat in the arrivals lounge.

Before long, I said goodbye to the staff and headed downstairs to meet the driver who would take me to Al Bustan Palace.

Last edited by lost_in_translation; Jan 3, 2020 at 3:49 pm