FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA personal Platinum Uber $200/year credit
Old Jan 2, 2020, 11:41 am
gooselee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Statman
I thought I had explained it before, but I guess not.

The $35 showing under "Uber Credit" is the December 2019 Amex credit. At the beginning of the December, it showed up (like all Amex credits) on the first line and had an expiration date of 12/31/2019. I had a 50% off Lyft for up to 15 rides for December so I did not have the need to use Uber in December. Therefore, I "rolled over" the $35 Amex credit and it now shows up as a $35 "Uber Credit" without an expiration date.

Again, I am fully aware that the Amex Uber credit is a "use it or lose it credit," but I am telling you that there is a simple way to roll that credit over if you don't intend to use it for a particular month.
I understand what you are saying occurred in your account, but what some of us are trying to understand is how and why so this thread can be better informed.

1. As my screenshots show, the Amex credits appear as "Amex Benefit" and remain labeled as such permanently. So it is NOT clear that the $35 showing in your account as "Uber Credit" is the same $35 that Amex deposited. The amount makes that seem likely, but we don't know. Also, since you posted in December that you had already "rolled over" your December credit and it was appearing as "Uber Credit", that adds more evidence that the way your particular Amex credit was deposited for December was NOT the standard way the rest of us receive it.

2. The thing some of us are trying to address are your late-December posts advising people to "just roll the Uber credit until you need to use it." This is NOT a feature of the Amex Benefit and thus is not good advice to newer people coming here looking for answers. I think this part if probably where most of the confusion is coming from.

3. The only exception to #2 is if there is a glitch/hack that makes it possible to trick Uber into reclassifying expiring Amex Benefit funds into non-expiring Uber Cash/Credit. But if that's what you're advocating you, I'd ask that you make it exceptionally clear that this is the case - again for the benefit of newer visitors who are coming to this thread specifically because they aren't as familiar with the program and how it is intended to work.