FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Cozumel, Mexico [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jan 2, 2020, 11:03 am
acse17

Programs: SE100k, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador
Just wrapped up a week at this property and wanted to chime in.

Paid stay, not point redemption.

Activities: 1 hr of free snorkel rental/kayak rental. You can rent multiple sets during the hour at no additional cost.

Room: We were not upgraded despite better rooms being available during the same time on the app. Dishonest/incompetent front desk staff were a consistent theme during our stay.

Food Service: Wonderful food service staff. Great chef. The all inclusive was worth it, our favourite menu being the lunch time grill at Las Gaviotas.

Front Desk/Housekeeping Service: Front Desk lied about room availability when I inquired about a suite upgrade. Housekeeping routinely missed our room and had to be called up. Front Desk staff incorrectly refused us additional water bottles in our room, until an email to my ambassador got that sorted out.

Other/misc: There were two prolonged periods without water at the hotel, where the staff again lied and said that the whole island was without water, when in fact, the property next door had water. Shame on them for lying.

I would suggest staying at the Westin Cancun and taking a ferry to Cozumel if you must.