FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: NEWBIE LOUNGE EARLY 2020: Ask "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jan 2, 2020, 8:48 am
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by minz56
Hi ... I am an AA newbie based in New Zealand. I put an award flight on hold for flights AKL/SYD/KIX on QF in April. When I came to pay for it the system would not allow me to change the Region/Country of my credit card to be used for the taxes. I called Reservations and the agent said my booking was incorrectly in the US version of the site rather than NZ, even though I know I started in the NZ site. She said she could fix it, but I would have to pay the Reservations' service charge to do so. This seemed unfair as I felt that if I ended up in the wrong version of the site then that was a fault of their system. She was unable to waive the fee but suggested calling the web help desk, which I did and they were able to accept payment without a service fee.

So, everything was OK in the end, but I am wondering what I might have done wrong in the first place, or is this a known problem?
It’s a known issue, and AA seem reluctant or unable to deal with it. It appears aa. sites where Amadeus is in use may offer better usability and work-arounds. See Booking with non-US credit card for payment on aa.com and other AA sites