FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: NEWBIE LOUNGE EARLY 2020: Ask "Newbie" AA Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jan 2, 2020, 8:40 am
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by TrvlAggie
Hi looking to spend my 40th bday in Oz. I’m not seeing any decent options mileage exchange wise on AA. When is the best time to look for that? Is it better to look at Qantas and if so how do you see availability, what is the exchange rate in miles, and how do you book? Again looking for biz class since I’m 6’7” and that long a flight in coach would probably be the end of me. Lol.

Thanks in advance
AA.com displays award space on both AA and QF, just search there. Keep in mind premium award space between the US-Australia/NZ is some of the hardest in the universe to find, so it's not surprising you're not seeing anything now for a trip in November. There's no magic formula about the best time to search or anything like that, you just need to be persistent and do your research, etc.

In addition to the master thread mentioned above here's another re: awards on QF...

AA miles awards: using / redeeming AA miles on Qantas (QF) & related (consolidated)