FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westjet vs Air Canada 787 PY
View Single Post
Old Jan 1, 2020, 10:46 am
YYCguy

Originally Posted by taupo
Looking to book a flight to London in June and seriously considering WJ over AC.
My opinion of AC's PY is that it is nothing more than Economy Plus, nothing Premium about it at all.
I have have flown NZ's PY a lot and continue to if my upgrades don't clear. NZ's PY is a Premium product.

Looking for opinions from travellers who have first hand knowledge of both WJ & AC's PY product and ideally NZ's as well so they can give a comparison.
At 6'4", leg room and personal space is important, followed by meals.
At 6’4 I would highly recommend getting bulkhead on WS Dreamliner in Premium. Bulkhead seating also has a footrest in addition to the let rest. You also get two meals plus unlimited snacks and beverages. If you have any special meal requirements you must call westjet directly up to 48 hours before your flight to book that meal. The food is quite tasty and you can enjoy a large selection of tv/movies/games/reading/music on the touch screen tv. A cozy quilt and pillow plus passive noise cancelling headphones are supplied for the flight, and a Rocky Mountain soap company amenity kit is nice souvenir.