FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finally... A Hilton Promotion I Could Use!
Old Dec 31, 2019, 6:32 pm
aww3583

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
Give credit where it's due: The chances that this promotion is something done by Hilton Corporate is slim. Rather, this is a promotion set up by the individual hotel. All Corporate did was to allow the hotel to send out the email through their system.

(It probably doesn't matter to most people. But, I used to work in hotels and was responsible for negotiating these types of promotions with some of our local business partners.)

If you want to encourage a hotel to do these types of promotions, I'd take a few minutes to speak to a manager (Front Desk, Reservations, Sales Manager, or General Manager) while you're at the hotel. (Or, send a note via the Hilton website if the stay is already over.) Let that person know that the promotion was one of the main reasons you booked the hotel. Doing that will let the hotel know that the effort they took to set up the promotion was worth it. That might convince them to do more of them in the future.
This promotion was open to any guest in any Hilton property in New Orleans