FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beirut and Jordan
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2019, 12:27 pm
Loungeact

Originally Posted by LAX_Esq
Your overall itinerary looks good. I'd do the Dead Sea as a quick visit rather than an overnight based on your statements. As previously mentioned, if you have the time for Jerash (half-day trip from Amman), I'd definitely prioritize it over anything else in Amman. I don't think you'd get Roman ruins OD'd between Baalbek and Jerash; they're both really good ruins.
I think we will do that. Skip a night at the Dead Sea and spend half day at Jerash instead and sleep in Amman.

I don't recall the Petra town (Wadi Musa) being anything to write home about. All I recall was tourist traps, overpriced/mediocre restaurants, tons of tourists walking around, etc. I don't enjoy these sorts of towns that exist for no purpose other than a popular ancient site that happens to be there... kind of like Siem Riep.
This is great feedback, LAX_Esq! I was hoping to find a rather authentic town, but sounds like that won't be Wadi Musa

BTW, in Beirut, a couple restaurants:
- Abdel Wahab was a great restaurant w/ traditional food.
- Tawlet was a trendy Lebanese hipster place with really good food -- https://www.timeout.com/beirut/restaurants/tawlet
We will check those out