FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)
Old Dec 30, 2019, 1:01 pm
VIT-B

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold...
Originally Posted by VIT-B
Hilton Aspire: Airline credit timeline...
  1. Dec. 8, 2019: Purchased 2 AS seat upgrades. Separate transactions... $69/$109
  2. Dec. 11, 2019: Fees posted
  3. Dec. 27, 2019: Still NO reimbursement
  4. Dec. 27, 2019: Called customer service number on the back of the Aspire card. Told the representative that I made two separate purchases, which she could see. Explained that they were purchased on my selected airline (AS) for my annual credit. She asked, "what were the purchases for"? I said "seat upgrades". She needed to input the reasoning to request the "manual credit". The rep. said I should see the credit within 5 business days.

Interestingly, I never had issues with the airline credit with AS using my "AMEX Plat". For the last 3 years I've always purchased and cancelled the One Way tickets around the 23 hr mark after purchase. However, with the Hilton Aspire card I have had the same results. This fall I was stuck with my One Way purchases because a reimbursement NEVER posted. So, this time around I decided to call Aspire customer service after waiting over 2 weeks. I'll update the my post/thread on whether the credits post to my account.
***UPDATE *** on my initial post. Calling AMEX to have them manually apply credit for my two seat upgrades worked!

Credit Posted: Hilton Aspire
  • Dec. 30, 2019: Both seat upgrades posted.