FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle EK experiences? Worth to fly from in J?
Old Dec 30, 2019, 6:01 am
Will08

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by xavzz
So since I have moved from London to near Newcastle my new airport will be NCL for EK. I usually travel J and have always loved going to LGW, very fast through check in and fast track and can be in the lounge in about 5 minutes from Check In if its empty. Great Lounge too, never busy at lunch time for the 1.30pm flight. Anyway I was wondering if there is anyone who uses NCL regularly and can let me know of their experience, I know there is no EK lounge, but how is the experience overall? Is there fast track or does it not matter, is the Aspire Plus Lounge fine? Are the 777's newer? I have upcoming flight in Jan and Im thinking I might just change my outward to go from LGW. It works out the same price as LGW is always the cheapest to fly from for some reason and i get the A380 at least. Any thoughts on NCL please let me know good or bad.

Much appreciated

I have never flown from NCL however, even if the answers are - no fast track, Aspire lounge is rubbish and generally old 777s from previous flight history, would it really be worth the 5 hour plus journey to LGW? I actually really like LGW as well but when I am in the UK I am mainly located 20 minutes away from LHR so I cannot even justify going to LGW from there!

If NCL turn out to be terrible, MAN has fast track, (even in economy for Gold and Plats) has a decent lounge and is obviously much closer than LGW..