FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Escaping" after boarding pass scan to collect miles?
Old Dec 29, 2019, 7:12 pm
titan1

Programs: Millemiglia, Miles&More, Topbonus
"Escaping" after boarding pass scan to collect miles?

So first to clarify: There are no bad intentions whatsoever connected to my request. I simply want to collect my necessary miles before year end and thought about the following:

I'm intending to go on a flight tomorrow, have my boarding pass scanned at the boarding gate, pretending to go on board of the plane but in reality secretly "escape" instead. I know, usually this wouldn't be easy to pull off in Europe or the US but in Brazil boarding staff frequently seem to lose overview about pax. My only question though: Is there a manual count on board where staff would find out I'm not on board? Or would a manual count only be performed in case there are anomalies/discrepancies, i.e. in extraordinary circumstances?

I simply want to save time and money for the flight back but I'm very close to my status which requires this one last flight. Therefore my intended strategy. Thank you for your advice if this is feasible or if I should invest 9 hours of my time in both flights.