FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions for JetBlue to improve their product
Old Dec 29, 2019, 7:12 am
dtremit

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by tphuang
2) Improve service standard for EMS. Maybe this will make EMS a little more expensive to purchase, but they should add some of the things that other carriers do to make Y+ more appealing like one complimentary alcoholic beverage and one complimentary food item (maybe one they can select before the flight).
I could see a complimentary food item on Mint transcons for EMS passengers being an easy add; DL does that for Comfort+.

Reserving overhead bins would be a nice touch -- a perceived enhancement at the cost of a sticker.

3) A fix number of confirm-able EMS upgrades for mosaic members. Not applicable to me, but seems like something simple that would make mosaic more attractive.
I strongly suspect that B6 doesn't have the IT systems to make this work. That said, they could do a much better job of marketing the EMS-for-miles benefit.

Back when they had Blue Plus fares, I thought it would make sense to give Mosaics EMS in lieu of bags, but that fare option's gone now.

4) More places to earn miles and more redemption partners than just HA.
This one seems like a no brainer given their existing relationships, and it's baffling that it hasn't happened yet.

Originally Posted by Cat88L3
I'm a frequent Jetblue flyer. I 've never had an option to buy food that wasn't a snack box or the cheese plate. This could be because I mostly do east coast flights that are not longer than 4 hours. I think having a couple of sandwiches /wraps as options are a good place to start - even for flights that are more than 2 hours.
Agree that the window for real food is too long. I've noticed people getting frustrated when they can't get a sandwich on a DFW-BOS flight.

Originally Posted by Cat88L3
I would also like to see some type of Even More Space seat perk for Jetblue Plus cardholders.
If you mean giving EMS free to cardholders, that's never going to happen. Would be a huge revenue hit for B6, and Barclays isn't going to pay for it.
Something like a free drink would be more realistic; they have the systems to do that for Vacations passengers.

Originally Posted by writerguyfl
I'd also add that although it sounds reasonable to serve hot food, it's really not a simple task. Just in the United States, JetBlue serves over 65 different cities. They can't just push a button and have hot food delivered to the aircraft door. They'd need a supplier in every city (assuming there's no onboard refrigeration that can hold a day's worth of food). Any miniscule profit they'd make wouldn't be worth the logistical headaches involved.
Agreed; it's not straightforward. There's a lot of food safety considerations involved in anything hot -- it would have to either be heated from cold on the plane at time of service, or maintained at a safe holding temperature (>140°F) from the minute it left the kitchen to the time it was served. I don't believe JetBlue has ovens for the former on non-Mint aircraft, and catering companies just aren't set up for the latter strategy.

There's a lot they can do to make room temperature food better, though, and I don't see much evidence they've tried that in earnest.

Just loading more food for purchase would be a good start; they always seem to run out.