FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HELP : Large carry-on : will it fit?
View Single Post
Old Dec 28, 2019, 5:56 pm
scott56

Programs: AA Ck, Delta DM, Marriott ambassador , Hertz President, National EE, Hilton Diamond ,
Originally Posted by Mat.J
Hi Scott,
I ordered both regular cabin and cabin plus to see them in person cause I couldnt go to the store. I returned the cabin plus and kept the regular one. The cabin plus does look quite big and I tried packing things in both and I felt like I could pack way enough stuff in the regular (knowing i always have an additional weekender bag anyway). On regional jets in France (embraer or even airbuses 18/19/20) even the regular one doesn’t fit in the overhead lockers in length.
So i can’t tell wether the « Plus » model would have been accepted in the flights i’ve taken since getting my Rimowa regular.
I think it would be okay and as i’ve read, many people have had few to zero problem with it. But my choice was made considering if 1) i could actually pack enough it in and 2) Am I 100% confident it will pass all security and flight crews controls? Only the regular checked both points.
If you feel like you can pack enough in the regular one, take it. If you really want the plus model, i believe it should be fine except maybe on some regional flights but if you fly up front it’s a really good thing. I only fly business, and obviously, you’re less bothered by overhead locker storage.
Good luck
Mat
thank you for the reply. I could use the extra room when on the verge of checking vs not checking. In the winter time I add extra jackets ect. That’s where it becomes hard. The TUMI continental is a perfect size but I wanted to switch it up. The 22 in isn’t my biggest fear as that’s what my TUMI is. It’s the fact that the TUMI is 16in and this is 17.8 in width.