FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ek385 bkk-dxb
Thread: Ek385 bkk-dxb
View Single Post
Old Dec 28, 2019, 5:18 am
thijsseh
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Gus
Well I have taken the plunge and booked my first EK flight, and it is in Business class from Birmingham to Bangkok and return.

I have just viewed on Youtube an early morning EK flight from BKK, this was a 777 and the blogger was far from impressed with his flight.

Just a quickie, with my flight EK385 departing BKK at 0105 hrs is there just the one meal service an hour or so before landing in Dubai? Presumably if this is the case then there are the usual snacks available at the bar of the A380 and also the opportunity to have a meal in the EK lounge at Suvarnabhumi.
TIA
I saw that YouTube review, which seemed a bit harsh. I would not have expected a dinner service on a flight leaving at 2am, but I was surprised that there were no ‘light bites’, which is more or less the norm for flights of that distance, I would have thought. As a result, and out of curiosity, I looked at the J catering for all flights on that route and they are all ‘1 meal only’. So one needs to prepare for that and eat in the lounge. And of course on the A380 there are snacks in the bar / lounge on board.
You can see exactly what you’ll get (on any flight, including the BHX one) by visiting the fourth (?) tab on the website ‘what’s on your flight’ and entering route and date. This seems more reliable than the similar option under ‘management my booking’.