View Single Post
Old Dec 27, 19, 11:30 am
STBCypriot

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
Originally Posted by Budapest View Post
We have a trip planned to Cyprus in February and are reading different reports about car rental. One site says that it is not a problem to take a car from e.g. Larnaca and drive it to the North, while another says that insurance will be an issue if driving across the Green Line. Any advise is appreciated.
It all depends on the car rental company. Some car rental companies do not allow for their cars to be driven to the north, some do. You most likely will be required to take out additional insurance (at the green line crossings) - you can buy it for 3 days, 1 month or a year. I think it is 25 euros for 1 month; not sure what it is for 3 days. You can get the insurance at the little huts just before the crossings - just make sure that you go during business hours. Of course, your passport is required to cross the green line.

I've been living in Cyprus for 9 years now so if there is anything else I can help you with, please ask.