FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has the Polaris Lounge Product been a Financial Success for UA so far?
Old Dec 26, 2019, 5:23 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by LAX_AUS_DL_FLYER
Ooof, then I'm confused. I thought all INT'L flights in J had access to the Polaris Lounge. Which routes aren't?

Maybe let the Premium Plus PAX inside instead, IDK?
I think in the very first week of polaris ua did not realize (or probably did not care) that someone going ord-yyz in AC J was considered admissible but obviously that changed. This is a premium lounge for premium pax on real long haul flights. IAH-BOG, IAH-YVR, EWR-BOG, EWR-YVR, ORD-YYZ, HNL-GUM etc are not long haul and are not polaris flights although the aforementioned are INTL flights.

And no, do not allow PP Pax in. Then it is the United Premium Plus Club and not the United Polaris Lounge. The United Premium Plus Club will get crowded, all the food will be eaten so then they have to serve inferior quality, there will be nowhere to sit, it will be like a united club bus station, and all of those in real premium (polaris) seats will be less than gruntled, which is why the Polaris Cloub was invented. That is bad business.

Dude(tte), they serve fried chicken, a decent burger, crab cakes, and moderate-shelf japanese whiskey there. Polaris customers do not want that to change for the worse. Buy a damn ticket if you want to go in so bad.