FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone have experience with SnapTravel ?
View Single Post
Old Dec 26, 2019, 4:09 pm
Capricobra

I work for a hotel, I am the person who sets rates and inventory. THIS IS A SCAM! Call hotels and book direct, you will always get the best rates. I found my hotel displaying much lower rates than what is publicly available after I had a guest show up and of course we did not have a valid reservation for him. The scam that Snaptravel does, is selling wholesale rates/inventory that they are NOT authorized to do. There have been many of these scam sites that pop up and eventually get shut down. Hotels have contracts with international wholesale operators with wholesale rates which are only available to internationl, wholesale operators not a public rate available to domestic travelers. However, most hotels that have someone like me onsite will catch this Fraudulent activity and will not honor the reservation when it is booked online and not with said tour operator (these reservations do not automatically generate in our booking systems like most valid reservations would if you booked online at the hotels website or with Expedia ect) and thats why you may show up and not have a reservation. You may get hotels that do not catch it and get lucky but best bet is to always call the hotel directly and ask what is the best rate they can offer. We prefer you to book direct so we dont have to share the profit of the room with a third party which can range from 10-25% of the room rate and usually will give the guest that discount for booking with us vs an OTA, plus you can get your rewards when booking direct.