FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - do you get 500 mile upgrades when dropping from EXP to PLT
Old Dec 26, 2019, 1:42 pm
coolcoil

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
Originally Posted by bxbkqu
i kinda get this, but not totally. To put a twist on it, I am someone who comes and goes between EXP and Plat. When, as and EXP, I do not get an upgrade, I have effectively expended the potential for an upgrade. But, as a PLT, I have lost nothing, as my certs remain intact. In fact, I earn more miles toward more certs.Given the higher priority as EXP, I do not mind too much. But, it would be nice to earn miles towards upgrades on flights when I am not upgraded......thoughts?
I think most FT'ers would be willing to stipulate that is would be nice if AA gave stickers to EXPs who fall from grace, go back to allowing the extra 50 miles on a sticker, or even giving EXPs mileage credit toward stickers when they don't score an upgrade. But we can all name a bunch of things that it would be "nice" of AA to do, particularly things that benefit those in our own particular situations.

FWIW, I think AA has done some nice things for me as a PLT lately: (1) allowing PLTs in the FL on international flights (I expected it to be EXP-only), and (2) free drinks in MCE.