FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complimentary drinks?
View Single Post
Old Dec 26, 2019, 1:31 pm
alserire

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by ksandness
I flew MSP>DUB>LHR on a group flight in August 2019 (no, not charter), and while I can do without alcoholic beverages, I was very disappointed in the lack of any kind of beverages for on a TATL flight. I was not surprised at the cramped seats, and the food quality was nothing special, although edible, but the beverage cart came around when we reached cruising altitude, and we each received an 8-ounce glass of a soft drink, then nothing till dinner, when we received another 8-ounce glass of water.

I guess I'm accustomed to Asian and even U.S. airlines, where they keep the pax hydrated on long flights ( a bottle of water in each seat pocket, followed by at least two rounds of the beverage cart). When we landed at Dublin, I made straight for a shop where I could buy a bottle of water.

As my trip was nearing its end, I received an e-mail offer to bid for an upgrade to business class I put in the lowest acceptable bid and was successful. This return trip (DUB-MSP) was like a totally different airline--spacious lie-flat seats and plenty of food and drink.

I wrote to Aer Lingus afterward, complaining about the lack of hydration, but I never received a reply.
Is it not possible to bring your own water with you?

And were you really surprised that business class was like a different airline?

Someone doth protest too much methinks.