FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best use of Cat 1-4 free night certificate
Old Dec 26, 2019, 9:51 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by Visconti
I like Craig's suggestion, since I go to Manhattan often enough and it's always so pricey there. They've got some taxes & fees that are just out of left field and these free nights render them a moot point. Also, NY is large enough where, in my view, it makes sense to spend time in different parts of town where you have different stuff to do and restaurants from which to choose. It's just much more efficient to spend an evening in the area of one's hotel rather than having to take a taxi, uber and/or public transport.

Too bad HR TST no longer accepts the cat 4 free night. This had been far and away my favorite use of the Cat 4. Arrive in HK in the morning with late checkout the following day before a late/early morning onward flight to SE Asia (tokyo, singapore, shanghai, whatever) with in town checkin where I can send my luggage 24 hours before my flight. It was perfect and always loved the day + in HK with more than adequate facilities in HKG to prepare for my late/early morning departures.

But if you didnt visit NY ,. would you go there just to use and max out the savings on the cert?