FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mai Tais and Newspapers in F: LAX-HNL
View Single Post
Old Sep 7, 2004, 2:32 pm
ibdsux

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Greetings, ibdsux, thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you're enjoying FT. I remember when I first stumbled upon it. I couldn't believe there were so many people around with the same fascinations surrounding travel, miles, points and angles for doing it all in a First Class kinda way. And slippahs, you're free to jump in any time -- you're always so helpful with your knowledge and insights.

Back to the question at hand, ibdsux, in my view, the in-flight entertainment is not the high point of HA's service. You're essentially watching the one movie that's offered throughout the plane, on a common screen. There was talk some time back about HA introducing individual movie players that can be rented in economy and that would be free to first class passengers. They weren't around as of my last trip in mid-July and I don't know if they're still in the works or not. Perhaps slippahs has heard something about this. ??

Overall, I think you will enjoy the PHX-HNL service. It is a very pleasant experience. The return trip is something of a grind, being a red-eye and all. I sometimes choose to take the first AM flight to LAX, then connect to PHX, just to avoid that overnight experience. I sleep fairly well on planes but HA's first class seats aren't all that big and/or comfortable and the flight isn't really long enough for a full sleep, so you can end up pretty wasted when you arrive in PHX in the early morning. Makes for a tough day, in my experience.

Have a great time. Doing HA First Class is a nice way to frame a trip a trip to one of the best places on the planet. Don't hesitate to ask if you think of any more questions!

Thanks for the reply. Very helpful info. Wife and I can't wait!